• 2022 Franklinford - DRNKS

    Dilworth & Allain

    2022 Franklinford

    Regular price $40.00

    Notes from D&A...
    The small community of Franklinford sits in the North Western corner of the Macedon Ranges. The vineyard sits near the foothills of Lalgambrook (Mt Franklin) on rich dark volcanic basalt. The vineyard is 10 acres in size with our Dolcetto also grown here. The vineyard was then purchased by Julie and Peter Kent in 2018. They fell in love with the area and are refining the way the property is farmed. We have stopped using systemic herbicides and fungicides which is a huge step in the right direction. The Franklinford Gris is powerful and fresh. Offering a flavour spectrum of pears, stone fruit and spice. It's fully ripe but with plenty of acidity to balance. Hand-picked on March 18th and transported back to the winery where the fruit was destemmed and soaked on skins for 48 hours. Pressed to tank the following day. 80% of the juice was fermented and aged in French Barriques and the other 20% was fermented and aged in tank. Remaining in these vessels, maturing ‘on lees’ for 9 months. Racked off lees and blended in January, allowed to settle and bottled in February. Bottled unfined, unfiltered, with no other additives other than a small amount of Sulphur Dioxide before bottling.

    In Sydney? Come and get it.

    15 minute click & collect available during shop hours, or just come for a browse.