2019 Konpira Maru Pinot Noir

Red

$34.00

100% Pinot Noir from the Celeste vineyard, Whitlands, King Valley, Victoria.
10% whole bunch was transferred straight to vats, the other 90% was destemmed and lightly crushed to ensure a large percentage of whole berries remained. Natural fermentation then took place with daily foot stomping throughout. Pressed after three weeks on skins by basket-press and transferred to 100% old French oak. Racked and transferred back into barrel after three weeks of settling. The wine was then left in oak for a year-long maturation period. The wine was then racked to stainless steel, where all the barrels were blended and then hand bottled, unfined and unfiltered.

  • Origin

  • king valley, australia

  • Year

  • 2019

  • Varietal

  • pinot noir

  • Style

  • elegant & complex

  • - +