Purveyors of fine grape juice
2017 Dilworth And Allain Wines Sauvignon Blanc western victoria, australia
$31

Exciting new wines out of the great expanse of Western Victoria, notes from the winemakers.
The fruit we sourced for this wine was grown by Taltarni. This block is located in the valley floor the soil is predominantly sandy loam with lots of quartz interspersed.
Hand picked on the 17th of March. 50% of the fruit was foot stomped and allowed to macerate for 24 hours, after which all fruit was pressed together and settled at ambient temperature in tank. Following this the juice was racked 70% to barrel all seasoned barriques and the remaining 30% to tank. Fermentation was slow and finished off in the following Spring. In December 2017 the wine was assembled in tank. The wine was matured on fine lees for another 5 months with an additional making the total maturation period 14 months. This wine was racked again before bottling and was not fined or filtered. 60mg/L of sulfur was the only additive, which was added during the maturation period.

Origin western victoria, australia
Year 2017
Varietal sauvignon blanc
Style fresh & alive